The Texas Self Storage Association membership recently elected new members to its board of directors. The new members elected to serve three-year terms are Konrad Johnson of Affordable Attic, with facilities located in the Rio Grande Valley, and Michael Meylor of Neutron Corporation, with facilities in Sequin and San Antonio.
Re-elected to the board to serve an additional three-year term was Robb DeJean with Advantage Self Storage, Richardson. Dave Morgan of SBS Construction, Boerne, was re-elected to serve an additional one-year term as the vendor representative to the board.
The 2020-2021 Executive Committee, elected by the board, includes the following: J.D. Blacklock, president; Jeanne Dube, vice president; Bobby Grover, treasurer; JoLea Conn, secretary. Matt Janes serves as immediate past president.
The 2020-2021 Board of Directors:
• President J.D. Blacklock, Blacklock Self Storage, Fort Worth
• Vice President Jeanne Dube, Solid Ground Storage, LLC, McDade
• Treasurer Bobby Grover, Big Tex Storage, LLC, Houston
• Secretary JoLea Conn, All*Star Storage, Richmond
• Immediate Past President Matt Janes, Rosewood Property Company, Dallas
• Director Robb DeJean, Advantage Self Storage, Richardson
• Director Konrad Johnson, Affordable Attic, Dallas
• Director Robert Loeb, SurePoint Self Storage, Houston
• Director John McAfee, The Storage Place-DFW, Frisco
• Director Michael Meylor, Neutron Corporation, San Antonio
• Vendor Representative Dave Morgan, SBS Construction, Boerne
Ex-officio Board Members
• Director Chris Martin, Ideal Self Storage, Waco
• Director April Young, Ultimate Properties, Fort Worth
• Ginny Sutton, TSSA executive director, Round Rock
• Connie Niemann Heyer, TSSA legal counsel, Austin
Established in 1986, the TSSA is a non-profit trade association dedicated to enhancing the quality of the self-storage industry in Texas. The organization provides opportunities for members to increase their knowledge through education, research and discussion. For More Information: www.txssa.org