Social Media’s Best Kept SEO Secret
By Poppy Behrens and Claudia Martinez
Your business needs to rank well on Google Local. That’s a fact. And you also realize that having an active social media presence is highly important in today’s social world.
But did you realize that both of those things can actually work together—that your social media presence can actually boost your SEO? Most business owners, and even SEOs, have no idea that it’s even possible. Even the marketers who do recognize the potential don’t know how to make it work in a tangible way.
In this article, we’re going to reveal to you a top-secret and highly effective strategy that has some local businesses dominating their competition in the search engine results.
About Google And Semantic Search
Before talking about what this social SEO secret is, we need to first discuss why it is possible in the first place. Google’s number one priority is to help people find the things they’re seeking. Whether it’s the closest tire repair shop or a tutorial on how to change a tire, Google’s job is to sort through all the information on the internet and know exactly which information to show when someone types “change a tire” into the search bar.
As Google gets more and more intelligent at interpreting phrases in the context they are intended, it’s more important than ever to have a strong understanding of “semantic relevance”. That’s why a simple set of keyword-ranked pages is no longer a straight shot to Google’s coveted number one spot.
Google is looking towards outside sources surrounding your website’s pages to develop semantic context. It’s looking at conversations, social content, and comments from people it knows and trusts.
The more third-party validation, conversation, and contextual diversity you have surrounding your website, the better. Why? Because giving Google more relevant info about your business is never a bad thing.
Key takeaway: Feed Google as much semantically and contextually relevant content as you can from third-party sources.
Google+ Is The Key
Yes, we know exactly what you’re thinking. We’ve heard it a thousand times before: “Isn’t Google+ dead? Does anybody still use that thing?”
Believe it or not, Google+ is still a highly active and effective social network. Despite the fact that many news outlets are eager to tout its demise and “failure” as a social network, it contains a thriving community of dedicated users. Through Communities and its “Collections” feature, Google+ houses an immeasurable amount of potential as a social platform. You just have to know how to unlock its hidden treasure.
The reason it is the secret sauce in a semantic keyword strategy is three-fold:
- It’s a Google-owned property. What that means is any content created and shared on Google+ is automatically part of Google’s knowledge. You’re feeding information directly into Google without having to hope that it gets indexed by Google. It’s already there!
- The users on Google+ are people Google has a great deal of knowledge about. When you can get relevant users engaging with your content on Google+, this is strong validation for Google’s algorithm of your relevancy.
- Most people dismiss Google+. Your competitors, in particular, probably have the same idea most others do about Google+ being “dead”, leaving it wide open for you to take advantage of and dominate them in the SERPs.
All three reasons are why we highly encourage you take another look at the potential for your business investing in Google+.
Key takeaway: Google+ is a source of knowledge for Google search.
Would You Like Some Pudding?
That all sounds great, right? But where’s the proof? Thankfully, we have loads and loads of tangible results from our clients utilizing our advice on Google+.
Local Multi Location Storage Facility
In one case, a boat storage client got the following results in only 45-days of starting our Google+ Advantage strategy:
- “apache storage” – New position on mobile at #1
- “boat storage” – Now #1 on desktop, mobile, and maps
- “boat storage in mesa” – New position on mobile and desktop at #1
- “fort apache storage” – New position on mobile at #1
- “mesa boat storage” – New #1 across desktop, mobile, and maps
- “rv storage near me” – Up one to become #1 on desktop, mobile, and maps
- “vehicle storage mesa az” – Up one to become #1 on desktop, mobile, and maps
- “boat storage near me” – New #2 across desktop, mobile, and maps
- “car storage mesa az” – New #2 across desktop, mobile, and maps
- “self storage near me” – Up one to become #2 on desktop, mobile, and maps
- “mesa storage unit” – New position #3
All of these keyword ranking improvements were accomplished using only our proven social SEO methodology.
Local Hotel Makes Huge Gains
When we were approached by a small hotel in Southern California, they were in trouble. Their search ranking was next to nothing, and they were struggling to get a handful of traffic, phone calls, and driving directions from Google Search and Maps.
After just a few months of work, here’s a snapshot of what we were able to accomplish:
- 27,000 percent increase in search impressions (yes, that number is correct!)
- 250 percent increase in number of clicks from local search and maps
- 140 percent increase in requests for driving directions
- 514 percent increase in number of phone calls received from Google Maps
And our Google+ social SEO strategy was the only online marketing efforts being focused on at the time of the case study.
Needless to say, this client was very happy with the results!
A Real Solution
We know that this might be a lot to take in. You have a business to run, day-to-day tasks to get done, and the last thing you need is to learn how to develop a semantic relevance campaign and generate daily content for social media. Not to mention that Google+, culturally, is different from other social networks. You can’t just post 140 characters and run.
You definitely don’t have the time and energy to learn another social network and its culture. That is why we’re introducing our Social SEO Advantage product, which is a 100 percent done-for-you solution that puts to work everything we know about getting fast local SEO results using highly targeted social content.
Included in this package is:
- Daily social media content: Hand-crafted by Social Media and SEO experts right here in the U.S. and posted daily for you.
- Semantic keyword targeting: Using sophisticated, strategic keyword diversity to boost your local SEO relevancy.
- Repurposable for your website: The content we create for you can easily be repurposed for your website to further the keyword relationships we’re building on social media.
With our proven methodology, we can help your business in less than 90 days, and you don’t even have to lift a finger. Just set us loose, and reap all the benefits!
Call To Action
Our Social SEO Advantage product is a “done-for-you” solution providing high-level keyword targeting, daily social content created by social media professionals that actually drive SEO results.
If you want to boost your Local SEO ranking while also maintaining a social media presence that you can be proud of, this is exactly the product for you!
Give us a call today to find out more: (602) 678-3526.
Poppy Behrens is publisher at MiniCo Publishing. Claudia Martinez is the advertising sales executive.